IPL 2023 Match 6 : Can CSK register their first win against LSG?

Match Details : Chennai Super Kings vs Lucknow Super Giants

Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium (also known as Chepauk Stadium), Chennai

Date : Monday, April 3, 2023

Time : 7:30 PM IST

Watch Live on : Star Sports Network and JioCinema

Pitch Report : CSK vs LSG

The pitch at Chepauk Stadium is a flat and dry one. As the match progresses, the pitch breaks down which is much favourable for spinner and little/not favourable for pacers.

The average first score is 160 runs whereas for second innings, it is 145 runs. Therefore, the team batting first have 60% chances of winning the match whereas the team batting second has 40% winning chances.

The toss winning team would prefer to bat first as the pitch gets slower in the second innings.

Team Prediction : CSK vs LSG

Chennai Super Kings (CSK)

Devon Conway

Ruturaj Gaikwad

Moeen Ali

Ben Stokes

Ambati Rayudu

Shivam Dube

Ravindra Jadeja

MS Dhoni (C/WK)

Mitchell Santner

Deepak Chahar

Rajvardhan Hangargekar

Lucknow Super Giants (LSG)

KL Rahul (C)

Kyle Mayers

Marcus Stoinis

Deepak Hooda

Krunal Pandya

Nicholas Pooran (WK)

Ayush Badoni

Mark Wood

Jaydev Unadkat

Ravi Bishnoi

Avesh Khan

Prediction for Best Performers : CSK vs LSG

Best Batsman

Ruturaj Gaikwad

In the last season of IPL, he scored 368 runs in 14 matches with an average of 26.29 and Strike rate of 126.46. Also, he scored three half-centuries. In inaugural match of IPL 2023, he scored 92 runs in just 50 balls. So, if he maintains this consistency throughout the tournament, it can turn the tables for CSK.

Best Bowler

Ravi Bishnoi

Since the pitch is favourable for spinners, the spin attack from Ravi Bishnoi could become lethal for LSG batsmen. He seems in form and captain Dhoni knows very well how to use him against the opponents.

Today’s Match Prediction

CSK likely to win the match.

Disclaimer: The above predictions are based on personal understanding and analysis of the author. Kindly make your own decision while making any prediction based on the predictions mentioned above.

Leave a Comment